Paint Set, Nitro & Dye - Tinted Veneer
REVEAL THE BEAUTY OF THE TOP OF YOUR GUITAR BODY AND MAKE IT UNIQUE USING NITROCELLULOSE SPRAY AND DYE.
This painting set contains all you need to paint the body with veneer top and the neck of your guitar kit. This set provides a translucent finish with by using dye and nitrocellulse spray for veneer such as spatle, quilted or flamed maple top. It contains what you need to get the results shown on the picture: a bottle of dye and 1Liter of waterbase vanrish. This is enough to paint both your guitar body and Neck . Still we propose various option to enhance further the beauty of your guitar kit, test your finish and various tools to make sure you will get a fantastic results.
When selecting your paint products, some are optionals. We have pre-selected for you the optional products that are highly recommended to obtain a nice finish. We invite you to re-adjust at your convenience based on product description below and in particular to choose yourself the required products, such as colors and varnishes.
*Finishing guitar products include VAT. Free shipping for a total order >£230 for UK destinations.
*A complete user guide will be provided by email upon request
De 38,96 € Prix normal 44,70 €
À 153,12 € Prix normal 169,11 €
1. Sanding: Select sanding set to sand guitar body and neck until P400 grit (optional),
2. Grain Filler (optional): Apply grain filler for extra smoothness. It mustn't be applied on the veneer though.
3. Tint: Dye your guitar body and neck the way you want.
4. Sealer (optional): for additional smoothness (not really needed as grain filler is enough)
5. Varnish: use the nitrocellulose spray to reveal further the beauty of the wood and protect your guitar.
6. Polishing (optional): Select the polishing kit to get this extra shine and mirror effect for your guitar.
1. Selecting Materials
The guitar finish materials we propose can be needed if you don’t have it already. Please look to each product individually in the Materials category to understand better the use of each products we propose here:
- Sanding Paper Set is definitely something you will need (if you don’t have it). During the painting of your gutiar you will have to sand your wood several times to make sure to have a smooth and perfect finish.
- Copper Tape is needed to remove electromagnetic interference and make sure that your pick-up will provide a clean sound without background noise.
- Sample Wood can be very usefull if you purchase a guitar kit with ash or mahogany. It will be exactly the same wood so you can try your finish upfront to make sure you will have it right when doing it on your guitar body and neck.
- Rechargeable Spray and Recharge is something you might want to consider if you purchase nitrocellulse, polyurethane or waterbase varnish in bottle and don't have a spray gun. Although you can achieve very good results using a brush, It will allow homogeneous and simpler application of the paint and varnish. One suggestion is to use brush and only use rechargeable spray for the last few coats of varnish.
- Gloves and Brush are available if you dont have it and you want to apply the varnish with a brush and keep your hands clean.
2. Wood Preparation
- For open pore wood such as mahogany or ash, if you want to have intense dye color while making sure to have a smooth surface results when apply the varnish, we suggest to use a grain filler. With Dye we recommend a colorless grain filler such as natural one or you can choose a colored grain filler if it suits more your guitr paint project. Although not mandatory, we recommend also apply a clear sealer as well after tint your wood with the dye for a perfect smooth finish
- For close pore woods such as maple or bassewood, we suggest to use a clear sealer. More varnish coats instead will work as well
3. Coloring the Wood
- 1x dye of the color of your choice is needed to paint the body and or the neck as your convenience
Note that you will have left over of the selected dye which you can use for the neck, headstock, etc. Once dye apply you might want to apply a clear sealer. It remains optional as highlight in the Wood Preparation Section.
4. Varnishing Guitar Body & Neck
A minimum of Two Nitro spray cans are required to vanrish the guitar Neck and the guitar Body.
- 2x nitrocellulose varnish spray, one for the guitar body and one for the guitar neck.
It corresponds to a total of 800mL. Note that you can select matt or gloss finish. Please change the quantity to 1 spray if you desire only varnish the body.
5. Polishing the Guitar Body & Neck (Optional)
To get a super high gloss, a mirror effect, a protective layer and avoid slightly dull finish, we recommend the polishing set. Still you will get already a very good results without it but it will bring your guitar paint to the next level.
Additional details can be found on each products available in the Guitar Finishing category . Also a complete user guide will be provided when requested by email.